The 56th running of SCCA’s National Championship Runoffs® at VIRginia International Raceway is now in the history book. This was the very first time the SCCA® National Championship visited the 18-turn, 3.27-mile circuit located along the border of North Carolina and Virginia, and the venue produced many exciting moments. Some of the highlights included John Phillips claiming a championship and Super Sweep in B-Spec after nearly 30 tries, maiden victories for a handful of competitors, a fantastic F Production race, Mark Boden making three podium appearances, and so much more.
Start planning now for the 57th annual National Championship Runoffs being held Oct. 5-11, 2020, at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. That will be a return visit for the Runoffs to that 4.048-mile, 14-turn circuit which previously hosted SCCA’s National Championship for five years straight from 2009 to 2013.
In the next few days, on-demand videos from each race will be available to watch for free at SCCA.com. But in the meantime, below are written recaps for each of this year’s 28 race classes.
2019 Runoffs Recaps
- Workers of the Year: 2019 Workers of the Year Celebrated at VIR Runoffs
- Tire Rack Pole Awards: 2019 Runoffs Tire Rack Pole Award Winners
- American Sedan®: Eaton Aces American Sedan Field at VIR Runoffs
- E Production: Van Steenburg Wins Second Runoffs in EP at VIR
- F Production: Prill Thrills For F Production Win at VIR
- H Production: Silegren Holds off Competition for HP Runoffs® Victory
- Formula 500: McMahan Inch Perfect for Formula 500 Win
- Formula Atlantic®/Formula 1000: Lazier Wins Unpredictable FA VIR Runoffs
- Formula Continental®: Big Win for Minor at Runoffs® in Formula Continental
- Formula Enterprises: Libecco Wins by a Nose in Formula Enterprises Finale
- Formula Enterprises 2: Barkau Breaks Through for First Runoffs® Win in FE2
- Formula F: Kotyk Wins Rain-Soaked Formula F at 2019 Runoffs®
- Formula Mazda: Seaber Wins Wet, Wild Formula Mazda VIR Runoffs Race
- Formula Vee®: Whitston Bros. Share Podium With Andrew Taking FV Win
- Prototype 1: Slusher Slays Field for VIR Runoffs Prototype 1 Win
- Prototype 2: Tray Ayres Storms VIR in P2 for Second Championship
- Spec Racer Ford 3: Fight to Finish Decides SRF3 Runoffs Champion
- Super Touring® Lite: Danny S. Spins and Wins STL at SCCA Runoffs
- Super Touring® Under: Boehm Becomes Two-Time STU Champ at VIR
- Touring 2: Busy Weekend Ends in Win for MacNeil in T2
The Sports Car Club of America®, Inc., founded in 1944, is a 67,500-member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both Club and professional levels. With headquarters in Topeka, Kansas, the SCCA annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 115 Regions and subsidiary divisions. Much of the SCCA’s activities are made possible with support from the following Official Partners: Hagerty, the Official Insurance Partner of SCCA; Hawk Performance, the Official Brake Products of SCCA; Sunoco, the Official Fuel of SCCA; and Tire Rack, the Official Tire Retailer of SCCA. To learn more, please visit www.scca.com.