SCCA Race Experience
What is SCCA Race Experience?
If you want to experience wheel-to-wheel racing in a lower-pressure environment than the Runoffs or other championship-level racing - the Race Experience is for you.
Race Experience has two types of races - "Sprint" or short races known as Club Racing Experience and longer races with driver changes and pit stops known as "Endurance Experience."
Whichever event type you choose, you can enjoy all of the excitement of wheel-to-wheel racing without all of the pressure - and there will be coaches there to help all drivers through the process, especially those drivers who are new or have limited experience.
Race Experience is open to SCCA members with or without previous racing experience/race license who self-certify that they have no disqualifying medical issues. You do need to be an annual SCCA member to participate in a Race Experience.
What makes this different from a Road Racing competition?
- The performance potential of eligible cars is capped so that speed differentials will be minimized. (For more information on this - take a look at the rules, or ask the event organizers.)
- There will be a Chief Instructor who has classroom sessions and post session debriefs similar to what happens at competition driver’s schools or track events.
- There will be less aggressive racing - much more in tune with vintage or low-buck racing series which have much more strict guidelines and expectations when it comes to on-track behavior.
Who should do a Race Experience?
- SCCA and non-SCCA licensed drivers that want a low-pressure racing environment.
- New drivers that want a competition race license. Race Experience can be a licensing path!
- Current Solo, Track Event or Time Trials drivers looking for another way to enjoy a motorsports experience.
- Novice drivers trying to gain more track time.
- Workers, crew, friends and family who want to see what racing is like.
- Experienced drivers considering a purchase.
Race Experience events are a fun and safe place to learn and enjoy the thrill of wheel-to-wheel racing.
Upcoming Club Racing Experience Events: