Club Race Experience
What is Club Racing Experience?
If you want to experience wheel-to-wheel racing in a lower-pressure environment than the Runoffs or even Regional racing - the Club Racing Experience is for you.
Also known as "CRE," at a Club Racing Experience event you can enjoy all of the excitement of wheel-to-wheel racing without all of the pressure - and there will be an instructor coach there to help you through the process.
CRE is open to SCCA members with or without previous racing experience/race license who self-certify that they have no disqualifying medical issues. If you're not a member yet (which we hope you will choose to be), you can still try out CRE on a weekend membership.
What makes this different from a Road Racing competition?
- The performance potential of eligible cars is capped so that speed differentials will be minimized. (For more information on this - take a look at the rules, or ask the event organizers.)
- There will be a Chief Instructor who has classroom sessions and post session debriefs similar to what happens at competition driver’s schools or track events.
- There will be less aggressive racing - much more in tune with vintage or low-buck racing series which have much more strict guidelines and expectations when it comes to on-track behavior.
Who should do a CRE?
- SCCA and non-SCCA licensed drivers that want a low-pressure racing environment.
- New drivers that want a competition race license. CRE can be a licensing path!
- Current Solo, Track Event or Time Trials drivers looking for another way to enjoy a motorsports experience.
- Novice drivers trying to gain more track time.
- Workers, crew, friends and family who want to see what racing is like.
- Experienced drivers considering a purchase.
Club Racing Experience events are a fun and safe place to learn and enjoy the thrill of wheel-to-wheel racing.
Upcoming Club Race Experience Events: