SCCA® National Solo® Rules
The SCCA® National Solo® Rules are a member-generated ruleset built and refined throughout the past 45 years. This
Building and maintaining the SCCA® Solo® Rules involves member requests and input, review by the Solo® Events Board (SEB) and advisory committees before they are either declined or the SCCA® Board of Directors votes them approved.
Keep reading below for rules, how you can be involved in rule
NOTE: Technical Bulletins are periodically issued in Fastrack® News that
The Rules are available
We have chosen to serve this document in its original format using Adobe®'s Portable Document Format (PDF). This allows important documents and forms to be just a mouse click away. With the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software, users on any computing platform can navigate, scale, zoom-in, and print PDF files directly within their web browsers.
To order a printed copy of the 2019 Solo® Rules from Amazon, click here.
Solo Rule Changes, Member Feedback, and Clarifications
Want to make a rules change proposal, comment on an open proposal, or ask for a rule clarification? Write to the Solo® Events Board (SEB).
To write in a request, to give input on a potential rule change, or get a clarification on a rule, click the link above to take you to the submission form. Once on the page - Select Solo Events Board from the, "choose program board" field, then select your category and class to make sure your letter makes its way to the right place.
Rule proposals, member advisories, tech bulletins, etc. are found in Fastrack® News.
Supplemental Classes are offered at National Solo®
CAM classes are for traditional American "muscle" cars (performance sedans and sports cars).
(If printing this handout, set print properties to "Binding Location: Short Edge 'Top,'" "Flip on Short Edge," or similar.)
- Heritage Classic Rules
These classes are for 1974 and older import cars in Street class (HCS) and Race class (HCR).
- Junior Driver Program (Formula Junior karting)
with classes and ProSolo® Index (PSI)
Quick Reference Sheets
- 2020 Helmet Certification Label Chart - posted 2019-12-05
Your helmet must have one of these labels visible. The DOT standard (FMVSS 218) alone is NOT sufficient!
- 2019 Street Category by Manufacturer - 2019-04-29 (Print and take to event registration.) Includes Fastrack News additions.
- 2019 Category Allowances "Cheat Sheet" (2-sided print) - 2019-03-08 (Print and take to registration and/or Tech.)
Solo® Event Waiver Procedures (pre-event) and Checklist (during
- Waiver Procedures (3-page) -- 2019-03-08
- Waiver Checklist (47-state excluding California, Florida, and New York) -- 2017-04-07
- Waiver Checklist for California -- 2017-04-07
- Waiver Checklist for Florida (corrected) -- 2017-04-20
- Waiver Checklist for New York -- 2017-04-07
- Affidavit of Sole Custody -- 2017-04-07
- JDP Training PowerPoints and video are on the Junior Driver Program (JDP) webpage.
- 2020 Solo® Safety Steward Training PowerPoint updated 2020-01-30