Solo Cars and Rules
The 2016 SCCA® National Solo® Rules are available on-line by the SCCA® Solo® Department to our members, entrants, volunteers, and anyone interested in learning more about the technical regulations governing SCCA® Solo® Competition. If you would like to purchase a hardcopy of the Solo® Rules, please contact SCCA® Merchandise via e-mail or call 1-800-770-2055.
The 2016 SCCA® Solo® Rules are available on-line in Adobe® Acrobat® format. We have chosen to serve this document in its original format using Adobe®'s Portable Document Format (PDF). This allows important documents and forms to be just a mouse click away. With the free Adobe® Reader software, users on any computing platform can navigate, scale, zoom-in, and print PDF files directly within their web browsers.
The official 2016 SCCA® ProSolo® Series Rules are also available on-line in a PDF.
NOTE: Technical Bulletins are periodically issued in Fastrack® News that supersede the information in the Solo® Rules.
DOWNLOAD THE SOLO® RULES HERE
2016 SCCA® National Solo® Rules - 8/23/2016 (8.4MB)
- Introductory Section - 3/25/2016
- Sections 1-12 (Event Operational Procedures) - 3/25/2016
- Section 13 Street Category - 3/24/2016
- Section 14 Street Touring® Category - 3/24/2016
- Section 15 Street Prepared Category - 3/24/2016
- Section 16 Street Modified Category - 3/24/2016
- Section 17 Prepared Category - 3/24/2016
- Section 18 Modified Category - 3/24/2016
- Section 19 Kart Category - 3/24/2016
- Appendix A - Automobile Classes - 8/23/2016
- Appendix B - Classic American Muscle (CAM)*** - 3/25/2016
- Appendix C - Solo® Roll Bar Standards - 3/25/2016
- Appendix E - Solo® Safety Steward Guidebook - 3/25/2016
- Appendix F - Clarifications - 3/25/2016
- Appendices G & H - Karts at Solo® Events & Junior Driver Program - 3/25/2016
- Appendix I - Sound Measurement Procedures at SCCA® National Solo® Events - 3/25/201
***SCCA is announcing a clarification to the CAM "wheelbase" rule thru Solo Matters, the SCCA website and CAM Nation.
The current wording, "Vehicle perimeter and wheelbase must be full-scale to the original model," is being clarified with the following:
"Incidental wheelbase changes resulting from the allowed replacement of suspension components/or modification of suspension design are allowed. At SCCA National Solo events, the wheelbase measurement to determine CAM classing will be based on known published data of the original standard wheelbase. This is not an allowance to shorten or lengthen the chassis/body (e.g., change the scale from the original)."
Heritage Classic Rules for 1975 and older import cars in Street class (HCS) and Race class (HCR)
Questions? Call Doug at 1-800-770-2055 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All 2016 Solo® Fastrack® News through September - 8/23/2016
- 2015 Solo® Fastrack® News
- 2014 Solo® Fastrack® News
- 2013 Solo® Fastrack® News
- 2012 Solo® Fastrack® News
- 2011 Solo® Fastrack® News
- 2010 Solo® Fastrack® News
- 2009 Solo® Fastrack® News
- 2008 Fastrack® News
- 2007 Fastrack® News
QUICK REFERENCE SHEETS
- Solo® Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 2016 Helmet Certifications for SCCA® Solo® events - 12/14/2015
- Street Category by Manufacturer - 7/25/2016
- Category Allowances "Cheat Sheet" (2-sided print) - 2/2/2016
SOLO® RULES CHANGES AND ADVISORIES
Want to make a rules change proposal? Write to the Solo® Events Board (SEB)
INFORMATION FOR REGION OFFICIALS
SOLO COOKBOOK - Recipes for growth and success - 2016-1-29