SCCA National Solo Rules
The SCCA® National Solo® Rules are a member-generated ruleset built and refined throughout the past 45 years. This rule book is published annually and each aspect of a solo event from safety, procedure and classing is covered so it is used by both officials and competitors.
Building and maintaining the SCCA Solo Rules involves member requests and input, review by the overall Solo Events Board and advisory committees before they are either rejected or the SCCA Board of directors votes them into action.
Keep reading below for rules, how you can be involved in rule-changes, and other important documents for solo competitors.
NOTE: Technical Bulletins are periodically issued in Fastrack® News that supersede the information in the Solo® Rules.
The Rules are available on-line in Adobe Acrobat format by the SCCA Solo Department to our members, entrants, volunteers, and anyone interested in learning more about the technical regulations governing SCCA Solo competition.
We have chosen to serve this document in its original format using Adobe®'s Portable Document Format (PDF). This allows important documents and forms to be just a mouse click away. With the free Adobe Reader software, users on any computing platform can navigate, scale, zoom-in, and print PDF files directly within their web browsers.
SCCA SOLO RULES (Click red links to open/download)
2017 SCCA® National Solo® Rules -- 2017-02-22 (4.1MB)
2017 SCCA® ProSolo® Rules -- 2017-03-01 updated
Specific SCCA Solo Rule sections:
- Introductory Section -- 2017-01-17
- Sections 1-12-- 2017-01-30
- Section 13 - Street Category -- 2017-01-17
- Section 14 - Street Touring® Category -- 2017-01-17
- Section 15 - Street Prepared Category -- 2017-01-17
- Section 16 - Street Modified Category -- 2017-01-17
- Section 17 - Prepared Category -- 2017-01-17
- Section 18 - Modified Category -- 2017-01-17
- Section 19 - Kart Category -- 2017-01-17
- Appendix A - Automobile Classes -- 2017-02-27
- Appendix B - Classic American Muscle -- 2017-01-17
- Appendix C - Solo® Roll Bar Standards -- 2017-01-17
- Appendix D - Solo® Trials Rules -- 2017-1-30
- Appendix E - Solo® Safety Steward Guidebook -- 2017-1-31
- Appendix F - Clarifications -- 2017-1-31
- Appendices G & H - Karts At Solo® Events & Junior Driver Program -- 2017-1-31
- Appendix I - Sound Measurement Procedures At SCCA® National Solo® Events -- 2017-1-31
SCCA Fastrack News is a technical bullitin released each month containing rule clarifications, rule-change suggestions, requests for member comment and other national-level items. Competitors will need to stay up to date for any mid-season changes or clarifications as they will supercede the SCCA Solo Rule book.
Supplemental Classes are classes with national rulesets, but do not compete for a national championship. (Though some may have their own series at times.)
- 2017 Classic American Muscle (CAM) Category Rules handout - 11/17/2017
CAM Classes are a class for classic american performance sedans and sports cars. Read more HERE.
(If printing this handout, set "Binding Location: Short Edge "Top" or similar.)
- Heritage Classic Rules
These classes are for 1975 and older import cars in Street class (HCS) and Race class (HCR).
Formula Junior (Karting) Guidelines and Formula Junior B Briggs & Stratton World Formula Restrictor Installation Guide
Formula Jr classes and rules are covered in the Solo Rule Book, but these are additional guidelines and engine rules for participants and officials to follow.
Solo Rule Changes and Member Feedback
Want to make a rules change proposal? Write to the Solo® Events Board (SEB)
To write in a request or to give input on a potential rule change, click the link above to take you to the submission form. Once on the page - Select Solo Events Board from the, "choose program board" field, then select your category and class to make sure your letter makes its way to the right place.
Quick Reference Sheets
- 2017 Helmet Certification Label Chart for SCCA® Solo® events - 10/26/2016
Your helmet must have one of these labels visible. The DOT standard (FMVSS 218) alone is not sufficient!
- 2017 Street Category by Manufacturer - 01/26/2017 (Print and take to event registration.) Includes February 2017 Fastrack News additions.
- Category Allowances "Cheat Sheet" (2-sided print) - 2/2/2016
Still have questions? Call Doug at 1-800-770-2055 or email at email@example.com.