Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park
Thompson, CT 06277-1929
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (TSMP), formerly Thompson International Raceway, is a motorsports park in Thompson, Connecticut, featuring a 5 ⁄ 8-mile (1.0 km) paved oval racetrack and a 1.7-mile (2.7 km) road racing course. Once known as the "Indianapolis of the East", it was the first asphalt-paved racing oval track in the United States and is now under the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series banner. Each year Thompson hosts one of the great fall variety events "The World Series of Auto Racing" highlighted by the IMSA Super Modifieds and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour. This event frequently draws over 350 race cars in 16 separate divisions over three days.
Also available at the track:
- Pro Shop is open until 7pm.
- Golf course is open until dusk.
- Bogey's (Ice Cream) is usually open until 8pm.
- Restaurant is open until 9pm.
- Link for the garages here. Or at the Guest Registration building during sign-in.
- Concessions are open until the end of the event.
Track Specific Rules
- Sound limit of 103 decibels will be in force at all times.
- Paddock area speed limit is 10 MPH. Access road speed limit is 20 MPH. Pit lane speed limit is 30 MPH.
- Thompson Rules And Regulations
Track Walk with the Pros — Free!
Thanks to our partnership with Blayze, you can take advantage of a professional track walk video for Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park — at no cost!
Through this partnership, Track Night drivers gain access to video walk through guides from the professional driver coaches at Blayze for every single track we go to.TAKE THE WALK