2020 SCCA National Convention
One Team. One Experience.
Building on the success of our 75th Anniversary year, the SCCA 2020 Convention will provide a great opportunity for Members, Region Leaders and Event Leadership to continue the pursuit of our collective Mission of delivering a safe, fun and exciting motorsports experience for enthusiasts. The SCCA 2020 Convention will provide significant value to SCCA leaders by focusing on how we can collectively and collaboratively impact member experience, program experience and leadership experience across 2020 and beyond. In short, we will fuel future SCCA growth by delivering excellence as one team in pursuit of delivering a more unified enthusiast experience.
Festivities will begin on Thursday, January 16th, 2020, and will run through Sunday, January 19th, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada, at the South Point Hotel and Casino.
Before the National Convention officially commences Thursday evening with the Annual Meeting and Welcome Party, SCCA will host a FREE open house Thursday afternoon, January 16, at South Point Hotel and Casino. Open house classroom sessions offer a free opportunity for ALL SCCA members to be trained and certified in some of the most critical roles needed to execute SCCA events.
Leadership Summit seminars Friday, Saturday and Sunday provide SCCA members with opportunities to further develop leadership skills, acquire specific SCCA training and network with others. There will be 10 sessions focused just on skills to help Club members become better leaders, and over two dozen classes offering ways to build stronger Regions. Another 30 seminars are designed to provide insight on how to further the quality of local events. No matter how long someone has been an active SCCA member, there’s a new nugget of knowledge to be gleaned from the National Convention.
Once the work is done, National Convention offers a whole host of fun activities where participants can reconnect with friends and mingle while networking with others from across the country. Extracurricular activities include the Welcome Party, hosted lunches, evening karting, group bowling, a pinewood derby, bingo and everything else Las Vegas has to offer. Of course, there is also Saturday evening’s Hall of Fame and Awards Banquet that wraps up festivities.
For all things convention like hotel information, session descriptions, FUN, visit the
WHY Should You Attend?
- This is IMPORTANT! This is where it all begins, where voices are heard and decisions made. Be the first to hear the Club’s strategic objectives and goals for the coming year, and learn ways to forward the SCCA Mission, Vision, and Values
- Your REGION will benefit! Develop your leadership skills. Network with Leaders from across the country. Learn to identify and encourage talent and potential within your Region to build stronger leadership and a better future
- Your PROGRAMS will benefit! Develop your organization, marketing, and communication skills. Develop strategies and tools to market your Region, programs and events for your Members
- Your MEMBERS will benefit! Better communication, understanding, and teamwork will build trust and a better Member experience, which means happier Members and positive word-of-mouth
- YOU will benefit! You are a Leader. You stepped up and said you want to make this a better Club. We want to help you do this, and to do that we need you here. While you’re here, have FUN with your fellow Members and Leaders!