TOPEKA, Kan. (November 7, 2017) – The 2018 Tire Rack SCCA® Championship Tour calendar has been released and is comprised of eight events, running March to July, that lead to the Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals in September.
One weekend in 2018 will feature two different Champ Tour events. April 13-15 will see competition at the Tire Rack Crows Landing Championship Tour and the Tire Rack Texas Championship Tour. A few locations are yet to be decided, and the schedule is always subject to change, but the current Tire Rack SCCA Champ Tour season currently is as follows:
- March 16-18: Tire Rack Dixie Championship Tour; Cecil, Georgia
South Georgia Motorsports Park
- April 13-15: Tire Rack Crows Landing Championship Tour; Crows Landing, California
NASA Crows Landing Airport
- April 13-15: Tire Rack Texas Championship Tour; Location TBD
- May 26-28: Tire Rack Lincoln Spring Nationals Championship Tour; Lincoln, Nebraska
- June 8-10: Tire Rack Finger Lakes Championship Tour; Romulus, New York
Seneca Army Depot Landing Strip
- July 6-8: Tire Rack Southern Summer Nationals Championship Tour; Bristol, Tennessee
Bristol Motor Speedway
- July 13-15: Tire Rack Packwood Championship Tour; Packwood, Washington
Former Hampton Lumber Mills Packwood
- July 27-29: Tire Rack Toledo Championship Tour; Swanton, Ohio
Toledo Express Airport
Tire Rack SCCA Championship Tour events take place over three days on two separate courses. The opening day consists of Test and Tune opportunities, as well as a social gathering. Then on the second day, competitors each get three chances to drive one course, and on the third day get three runs on another course. Like any other Solo competition, runs are timed to 1/1000th of a second and knocking a cone down means a two-second penalty is added to that time. The best times from each course are added together for the final class standings.
For additional information on Tire Rack SCCA Solo, visit www.scca.com/solo.
Photo Credit: Rupert Berrington