How do I get on track? The simple answer is to have a driver’s license, a working car and a helmet, pay the entry fee and then show up! There are no additional licenses, no hidden fees, no pre-event qualifications.

But if you’re on this page, you may want a few more details. We have that!

Pick a Date

First things first, choose a date and a track. There are two models – Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack, and Track Day events run by local SCCA Regions. Track Night events will typically follow the same formula across the country, no matter the location, and are almost always through the week, taking place in the afternoon or evening. Regional events often take place on the weekend, during the day, and may be stand alone events or share the day with SCCA racing.

For the Track Night in America schedule, click here.

To find a Regional event near you, click here.

What to Bring

Truly, all you are required to have is your driver’s license, your car in good working order, and a helmet. Need a helmet? We can point you to a recommended retailer, like Summit Racing Equipment, or many events can loan you a helmet (but you’re going to love this so much, a purchase for you and you alone is a much better option).

There are some basics on what to bring (a helmet, some simple tools, snacks, water and sunscreen) and some items to leave at home (that full back seat of hamburger wrappers and empty energy drink cans, unsupervised children or pets, the bowling ball that rolls around your trunk and thumps every time you turn).

Track Night in America has a pretty comprehensive list of yays and nays here, and it’s always a good idea to check with your local event once you’re registered to see if there are any special rules.

Choosing Your Car

We can’t make this any simpler – the right car to choose is almost literally any car you have. As long as it’s not dripping oil and is safe for you to be in, you can probably bring it.

Too slow? There’s no such thing. Too fast? Well, now you’re just making jokes.

Yes, there are some exceptions, but they are truly exceptions. The car must be wider than it is tall, so lifted vehicles and some SUV and trucks are out. Convertibles must have roll over protection, though most newer cars come from the factory with this installed.

If you think you’re hiding in a gray area, click here.

Any Extras?

We’re glad you asked! There truly aren’t any more requirements, but if you’re nervous about getting to work the next day, we recommend contacting our friends at Hagerty for track insurance. While it is unlikely that you will have an incident on track, it is also unlikely that your insurance company will replace your car if you do. Hagerty can help close that gap for you.