The story headline says it all – well, it gives the essentials. There’s way more to know.
Let’s start at the beginning: General registration for the 50th Tire Rack SCCA® Solo National Championships (taking place Sept. 5-8, 2023, at Lincoln Airpark in Nebraska) opens at 3 p.m. CT on Tuesday, June 27. Whether you’re a Solo Nats aficionado or autocross newbie, this registration date applies to you joining the fun in Lincoln – and there will be a lot of fun as the Solo Nationals celebrates a half-century of careening around traffic cones.
The link button below will take you to the Solo National Championships registration page – and be sure to get registered before the event entry cap is reached, or the registration fee increases. Speaking of which, the entry fee shifts from $224 to $325 on Wednesday, Aug. 2, at 12:01 a.m. CT. This is also the date that the cancellation fee increases to $100 for those who register before Aug. 2 (those registering after Aug. 2 cannot receive a refund).
Online registration closes Monday, Aug. 28, at 3 p.m. CT, and Sept. 1 is the final date to cancel your entry and receive any refund for those who registered prior to Aug. 2.
Be sure to review the Solo Nationals Run Days schedule, then sign up!
Test n Tune
Registration is open for the Nebraska Region-hosted Test n Tune course found at Lincoln Airpark during Solo Nationals. This is where autocrossers can shakedown cars and get their head in the game prior to making official runs at the two challenging Solo Nationals circuits. Each Test n Tune time slot comes in one-hour increments, with that period beginning at the top of the hour. The cost is $50 for a one-hour slot, which includes four runs, and there’s a cap of 35 vehicles per hour. Competitors may purchase more than one block of time, although they may not purchase multiple entries within the same hour. And, of course, the Test n Tune does not involve any work assignments.
Test n Tune slots fill up quickly, so reserve your spot today.
There’s always so much more to experience at the Solo National Championships than just exciting competition – and for this year’s Homecoming 50th celebration, those activities will be dialed to the max. Some other activities include:
- All 50th Solo Nationals entrants will receive a personalized memento indicating their first year at Nationals.
- A 50th anniversary display adjacent to the Solo Nationals paddock will feature items of historical significance, including cars, apparel, decals, memorabilia, photos, videos, and more.
- Don’t miss the Monday night Welcome Party on Sept. 4, where special recognitions will abound!
- The Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed will host a special showing and presentation on Tuesday evening, Sept 5, for those purchasing a limited availability 50th Anniversary Package that will also include additional premiums.
- The Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed in Lincoln will have a new SCCA exhibit focused on the 50th Solo National Championships. Discount admission tickets will be available to Solo Nationals participants for use during normal museum hours. On Thursday evening, Sept. 7, the Museum will be open to SCCA members for a private showing of the exhibit and other displays.
- Bonus: An “Index of Seniority” is being developed to allow entrants from the first few decades of the Solo Nationals (and those who have “only” been away for a decade or two) to compete on a unique level.
More information on all of this will be available soon.
Find the most up-to-date information about the 2023 Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championships online at the event page.
Photo by Rupert Berrington