The National Solo Department has announced some new registration rules for the 2018 Tire Rack National Solo Season, including Champ Tours, Match Tours and ProSolos. The rules are as follows:
Registration Policy (after online closes)
Online registration closes at 6:00 pm Central, Wednesday prior to the event. After online registration closes, you can still register for the event on-site from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm Friday and the first 30 minutes of registration on Saturday at the SCCA timing trailer unless the event is sold out. Please note, there will be a late entry fee imposed on all on-site registrations. If the event is already full, we will not allow entry on-site.
Car Number Policy
The number selection is first come first serve. The Motorsportsreg.com system does not allow drivers to reserve their codrivers number. With that, if there is a conflict where someone signs up for a number and someone else who isn’t the codriver signs up for the corresponding number, the person that signed up first for either the two or three-digit number is the owner of that combination. If you notice a discrepancy in numbers, please contact Brian Harmer (email@example.com) or Jamie Mullin (firstname.lastname@example.org). Motorsportreg.com provides the date/time of registrations to determine who registered first and is the rightful owner of the number combination.
All cancellations must be made in writing.
Please contact Brian Harmer (email@example.com) or Jamie Mullin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to cancel.
Please review valuable information regarding refunds below.
Partial refunds (SCCA keeps $20) for cancellations IF:
Entrant cancels PRIOR to 6:00 pm central the Wednesday before the event.
NO REFUNDS for cancellations IF:
Entrant cancels AFTER 6:00 pm central the Wednesday before the event.
The Tire Rack SCCA National Solo events (ProSolo, Champ Tour, Match Tour) are incorporating a new waitlist policy for 2018:
- The initial entry cap will be set 10% lower than the final cap (example: A final cap of 250 will be set at 225 initially).
- When an event hits the initial entry cap, the remaining competitors will be put on a waitlist.
- Two weeks prior to the event, entrants on the waitlist whose region of record is the host region at the time of registration, will be moved into the event based on when they registered. If the entrants from the region of record do not fill the event to the final cap, then entrants from outside the region of record will be moved into the event in the order they registered.
- For those entrants on the waitlist, there is no guarantee the entrant will get into the event.
- As entrants on the entry list cancel, the next person in line on the waitlist will be notified via email that there has been a cancellation and they have now been moved into the event. When that entrant is moved over, they will be required to log into MSR and pay for the event (MSR does not charge waitlisted competitors). The entrant will have 24 hours to pay for the event before that entrant is placed back on the waitlist and the next entrant is put into the event.
- We will continue to move entrants off the waitlist as we receive cancellations up until the time online registration closes.
- After online registration closes, no entrants will be moved off the waitlist onto the registration list for the event. The waitlist will be officially closed, and even if there is a cancellation, no one will be taken off the waitlist to fill that spot.
- On-site registration for sold out events will not be open to anyone on or off the waitlist.
Onsite Event Registration and Car/Class Changes
For any event that is not sold out, on-site registration is allowed from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm on and for the first 30 minutes of registration on the day of competition. All on-site registrations will be charged the event late fee (see event registration page for pricing). Car and class changes are allowed at check-in on Friday from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm and during the first 30 minutes of registration on Saturday. The purpose of allowing changes the morning of day 1 competition is to allow entrants time the night before to find a way to make a class. Any car or class changes made after the first 30 minutes of registration on Saturday require the approval of the Chief Steward for the event.
Photo by Perry Bennett