Registration for the 45th annual Tire Rack SCCA® Solo® National Championship is set to open June 26 at 2 p.m. Central Time. Registration for 2017 will be conducted through Motorsportsreg.com. Competitors can find all information about the event at https://www.scca.com/events/1987148-2017-tire-rack-scca-solo-nationals. Please check back periodically as additional information will be posted as it becomes available. Below are some things participants should know about registration.
- Regular registration price is $175 through August 7. The fee increases to $300 on August 8. Formula Junior entries are $85.
- All competitors must be annual SCCA members in good standing during online registration and to compete. MSR will look at the SCCA database during the process for verification. If your MSR account name does not correspond exactly with your name in the SCCA database, MSR will not recognize your account and you will not be able to register until the discrepancy is resolved. If you experience a problem during registration, please contact Brian Harmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jamie Mullin (email@example.com).
- The biggest change in 2017 is the contingency registration process. It has been combined with online entry registration, and entrants will be able to register for silver or gold program contingency by clicking the box next to the sponsor company. You will still need to review the SCCA contingency page (here) for specific details of each program along with decal placement. All bronze level programs require entrants to request decals directly from the sponsor company. You will be able to make changes to your contingency registration through your MSR registration up to the Monday prior to Solo Nationals.
- During registration, participants will have the opportunity to purchase extra banquet tickets and an overnight camping pass. All competitors have access to both Wednesday and Friday night banquets. Any non-competitors need to purchase a ticket. For overnight camping, only one person per RV/Tent needs to purchase the pass. Those who purchase overnight camping will receive a flyer, which they are required to hang in their RV/Tent during the event.
- Paddock selection will be a separate process from online registration. The online system used a couple years ago will be utilized again this year for selecting paddock spaces. Any group (5 or more in a group) should register their group. All groups registered will be listed in a dropdown during registration. Select the group with which you would like to paddock. On July 10, the option to request a paddock spot with a registered group closes. Paddock selection for individuals will open on August 14.
- All entrants receive a 25’X25’ paddock space. If additional space is needed, please specify how much space you need during registration when prompted. There will be a fee for each additional 25’X25’ space and a maximum of three additional spaces can be purchased. Those who declare additional space is needed during registration will receive an email later in the week with instructions on how to purchase the extra space. Anyone with more than two spots will automatically be placed at the back end of paddock. One additional paddock space is $25, two additional are $75 and three additional will be $150.