Track Night 2019: Boston - September 12
- September 12, 2019, 02:00 PM - 08:00 PM EDT
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (TSMP), formerly Thompson International Raceway, is a motorsports park in Thompson, Connecticut, featuring a 5 ⁄ 8-mile (1.0 km) paved oval racetrack and a 1.7-mile (2.7 km) road racing course. Once known as the "Indianapolis of the East", it was the first asphalt-paved racing oval track in the United States and is now under the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series banner. Each year Thompson hosts one of the great fall variety events "The World Series of Auto Racing" highlighted by the IMSA Super Modifieds and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour. This event frequently draws over 350 race cars in 16 separate divisions over three days.
Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups: $165
Join SCCA and Save! Members Pay: $155
Track Tour Laps and Spectating: Free!
TRACK SPECIFIC RULES
- Long pants are required for all participants.
- Sound limit of 103 decibels will be in force at all times.
- Paddock area speed limit is 10 MPH. Access road speed limit is 20 MPH. Pit lane speed limit is 30 MPH.
EVENT SCHEDULE **Note the schedule below. This event will begin earlier than a normal Track Night.**
2:00PM - Gates Open
2:30PM - Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)
2:45PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING
3:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Paced Laps, MANDATORY ADVANCED GROUP and INTERMEDIATE GROUP BRIEFING
3:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 1
3:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 1
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)
Click Here for more information about Track Night events at Thompson Speedway.