The 2017 SCCA® Hall of Fame class will be officially inducted January 21 during the Hall of Fame and Awards Banquet that caps off this year’s SCCA National Convention taking place at the South Point Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
But how are the inductees selected, you ask? That decision falls to committees composed solely of SCCA members who volunteer their time to this important process. Currently, the committees are searching for new members to be part of the decision-making team.
The three committees are as follows:
- Nomination Committee: Chooses slate of possible inductees based on member nominations.
- Legacy Committee: Focuses on nominations from the first third of the Club’s history.
- Selection Committee: Selects annual inductees from recommendations.
Committee terms are limited and each year new volunteers are invited to join the process. Participation is not time-consuming and many consider it a very rewarding experience. By recognizing those who have had a significant impact on the Club and the sport, the Sports Car Club of America® Hall of Fame seeks to preserve our history and inspire our members.
Those interested in being involved with one of the three committees only need follow the steps below:
- Write a brief resume of your SCCA experience and involvement.
- Indicate your interest in participating in one of the SCCA Hall of Fame Committees.
- Email your information to SCCAHoF@scca.com or send it to SCCA Hall of Fame, 6620 SE Dwight St; Topeka, KS 66619.
- Submit your information before Feb. 1, 2017.
Individual Hall of Fame Banquet tickets for January’s event can still be purchased online. Everyone is invited to come and recognize this year’s eight inductees: Pete Brock, Dennis Dean, Larry and Linda Dent, Joe Huffaker Sr., Lyn St. James, Phil Hill and Jim Kaser. And be sure to take time now to submit your information to join a committee and be part of the process in the future.