Registration is open for 2016 SCCA Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack! That’s right, your wait is over! Now, the hard part … deciding which dates you’ll be at this year. You’ve got more than 100 events to choose from at more than 20 tracks around the country in April, May, June, July, August and September. But be warned, some of these events fill up quick. So don’t dally and reserve your spot ASAP!
If you’re visiting the SCCA Track Night in America website for the first time, let us give you a rundown of what we’re all about. Track Night is a non-competitive, entertaining, easy and inexpensive way for nearly anyone who loves cars or motorsports to get on a racecourse in their own vehicle during weeknights. All that is required is that participants be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license and have access to a helmet and street car in good working condition. The cost is never greater than $150 per event, and no previous on-track experience or Sports Car Club of America membership is required.
Drivers participate in the Advanced, Intermediate or KONI Novice Experience group so on-track activities remain fun for all. Everyone gets three 20-minute sessions on course, as well as feedback from SCCA driver coaches on site. Admission is free for people who just want to stop by and watch the fun, and leisurely circuit parade laps are provided for all Track Night guests.
We’re still working on adding more tracks to our 2016 list, but venues already confirmed for this year include:
- Thunderhill Raceway Park; Willows, CA
- High Plains Raceway; Deer Trail, CO
- Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park; Thompson, CT
- Palm Beach International Raceway; Jupiter, FL
- Roebling Road Raceway; Bloomingdale, GA
- Atlanta Motorsports Park; Dawsonville, GA
- Blackhawk Farms Raceway; South Beloit, IL
- Putnam Park Road Course; Greencastle, IN
- NOLA Motorsports Park; Avondale, LA
- Palmer Motorsports Park; Palmer, MA
- GingerMan Raceway; South Haven, MI
- DCTC Driver Training Facility; Rosemount, MN
- New Jersey Motorsports Park; Millville, NJ
- Portland International Raceway; Portland, OR
- Pittsburgh International Race Complex; Wampum, PA
- Pocono Raceway; Long Pond, PA
- Carolina Motorsports Park; Kershaw, SC
- Memphis International Raceway; Millington, TN
- Harris Hill Raceway; San Marcos, TX
- MotorSport Ranch; Cresson, TX
- Dominion Raceway; Thornburg, VA
- Pacific Raceways; Kent, WA
- The Ridge Motorsports Park; Shelton, WA
Check out the full schedule at the SCCA Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack website, and start planning your vacation or sick days. And don’t wait to reserve your spot. If events fill up, you’ll only have yourself to blame.
See ya at the track!!