Relief for International Driver 2020 Runoffs Qualification Requirements
Recognizing that COVID-19 related United States border closures have prohibited members residing outside of the USA from entering the country and attending SCCA events, SCCA’s Board of Directors has approved the following change/addition to the 2020 SCCA National Championship Runoffs qualification process (GCR Section 3.7.4.A.1.a).
International drivers unable to meet the participation criteria due to border closures may request a waiver of the Majors participation requirement for 2020. The substitute entry process still applies. Only drivers that participated in the 2019 U.S. Majors Tour and/or Runoffs may be granted a waiver. Requests must be made in writing to email@example.com by September 4, 2020 and include:
- The class(es) you intend to race in at the 2020 Runoffs
- A scanned copy of your foreign passport page that includes your name and photo.
- Any motorsports events (SCCA or otherwise, in any country) that you have participated in during 2020.
Waiver requests will be reviewed by a committee including the Race Director, Director of Road Racing and a representative of the Club Racing Board. Drivers receiving a waiver for their 2020 Majors participation must still participate in or use substitute entries to achieve the three race weekend requirement in 2020. For example, a driver may (in the same class):
- Participate in three Regional race weekends
- Purchase one substitute entry and participate in two Regional race weekends
- Purchase two substitute entries and participate in one Regional race weekend
- Purchase three substitute entries