Update on the 2020 DirtFish SCCA RallyCross National Schedule
Update on the 2020 DirtFish SCCA RallyCross National Event Schedule
As with other motorsport series, the SCCA RallyCross program has not been immune from pandemic-related cancellations and postponements of regional and national events. Here is the latest update on this year’s DirtFish SCCA RallyCross National event schedule.
DirtFish SCCA RallyCross National Tours
- The St. Louis National Challenge originally scheduled for April 3-5 at World Wide Technology Raceway in Madison, Illinois has been cancelled. The event may be rescheduled for September or October depending on COVID-19 restrictions and site availability.
- The Thunderhill National Challenge scheduled for June 5-7 at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, California has been cancelled and will likely be added to the 2021 National Challenge calendar. A replacement event in the western U.S. at Deseret Peak Complex near Tooele, Utah in September or October is currently being evaluated.
- The Great Lakes National Challenge scheduled for June 26-28 at the Roth County Fairgrounds in Chillicothe, Ohio is still a “go” and event planners will include applicable virus-related reopening measures as appropriate. Registration for the event is now open here: Registration.
DirtFish SCCA RallyCross National Championship
- We are cautiously optimistic that the 2020 RallyCross National Championship at Road America near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin will take place as planned the weekend of August 14-16. Organizers are monitoring state and local COVID-19 precautions and guidance as the event date approaches.
- Registration for the event will open in early July. Organizers have added a new feature for this year’s event – early registration. Champions from the past five years will have a one-week early registration period in recognition of their accomplishments. The early registration period will run from July 1 through July 7. During early registration, 2019 champions competing in the same class this year will have the option to choose car #1 and past champions from 2015-18 will be able to register during this same period. Also, our 2020 event chiefs will be eligible for early entry in recognition of their volunteer service. Competitors eligible for early registration will receive an email in mid-June with information about the early registration process. Regular registration will open for all other competitors July 8.