SCCA RACE EXPERIENCE: DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
For Drivers at or above the “Age of Majority” (Typically Age 18 but may vary.)
- Current Annual or Weekend Membership in the SCCA. (Weekend Membership should be available as part of Registration for events that require it.)
- Valid government-issued driver’s license.
The SCCA defines a Minor as an individual between 14 years and the age of majority as determined by the law in the state of the individual’s residence (typically 18 years old, but it may vary). A Minor may drive in the SCCA Race School provided they meet the following requirements:
- A minor must be an SCCA Annual (full) member.
- Minor Drivers 14-15 years-old must have an SCCA Novice Permit (or Full Competition License).
- Minor drivers ages 16 and up must meet the requirements for their state-issued driver’s license as well as all required minor documentation.
A minor must submit the following to the National Office:
- A completed Annual Parental Consent, Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement and a completed Minor’s Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement (note: forms vary by state and witnessing method). This document must be filed annually until the Minor achieves the age of majority in his state.