2021 Runoffs Report - September 23
Runoffs Report – September 23
Greetings from the Brickyard! After nearly 3 inches of rain on Wednesday, we are enjoying beautiful Runoffs weather today as we prepare for the opening of Registration at noon tomorrow (Friday).
When you arrive:
Registration is in a different location than 2017 and everyone must go through Registration before entering the facility. Registration is in a temporary office trailer in the gravel lot at the corner of 16th Street and Polco, across the street from the Gate 2 tunnel entrance.
Sunoco Fuel Hours:
Sunoco will be on hand and open beginning on Friday, Sept. 24.
Friday, 9/24: 1 pm – 5 pm
Saturday 9/25 through Sunday 10/3: 7 am – 5 pm
Testing, Testing: 1, 2, 3
Those testing will need to get their test day tech sticker and driver wristband from tech. Only registered drivers will receive a wristband. As of this writing, there is limited space in the following run groups:
- Group 1: AS, GT1, GT2, GT3, STU, T1, T2
- Group 3: BS, EP, FP, GTL, HP, STL
- Group 1: AS, GT1, GT2, GT3, T1
- Group 4: FA, FE, FE2, FX, P1, P2
- Group 5: EP, STL, STU
Online registration is now closed. If you wish to add a test day or join a waitlist, please email email@example.com or visit the staff office (not Registration), which is in Tower Plaza Room #2 at Pagoda Plaza (look for the “SCCA Event Office” feather flag).
- The concession stand has ice. Remember that they are cashless.
- Speaker coverage in the paddock is limited. To hear the announcers and the grid calls, we recommend having a radio tuned to 103.9 FM.
- We will start texting this weekend. If you haven’t signed up to receive texts, check out the instruction document here: https://www.scca.com/downloads/56951-21-ro-text-messaging/download
It’s almost Runoffs time! See you soon…
The Runoffs Team