• Wade Scannell

Ballots...am I the only one??

I finally received my ballot for the bylaws revision on Saturday, November 9.  This does not leave enough time to mail the ballot back and have it arrive by November 15.  Actually, four ballots arrived on Saturday, one for each member in my family.  It seems that the mailing contractor for the SCCA did not mail ballots by October 15 as required in the bylaws.  Ballots should have been mailed to every SCCA member because of the bylaw revision.  Has anyone else not received a ballot?  Did anyone receive a ballot in November?

• Post to Thread
    • Chris Robbins

The deadline was extended early this week to Friday, January 22. The ballots were mailed out on October 14 and October 15 (two batches), and while most received them within 7-10 days, many were returned to the National Office as undeliverable by the US Post Office. The Member Services staff hand labeled and re-mailed them while the BoD voted to extend the deadline. I hope that helps!

• Wade Scannell

You may want to check with your mailing contractor. Mine arrived on November 9 with the original address. The office staff said it would have been in an envelope if they remailed it. Mine came along with three others for my family all on the same day. It should have arrived long before it did if the were given to the US postal service on October 15.  

• Chris Robbins

Wow, that is a long time! It often takes longer with postcard-sized mailers, but that's crazy. If the amendment passes, we won't always have to rely on the US mail. Good thing the deadline was extended a week!

• load more replies (1 of 1)