• Ian Morley

New to scca

im trying to get involved with the scca and start racing, but im not sure what the steps are to do this.  if someone could give me some feed back that would be awesome. thanks

• Post to Thread
    • lindarose11

Very helpful advice in this particular post! It’s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!

minecraft

• Eddie Garrison

Hi, and welcome to the SCCA!

So glad to see you are interested in participating in this great organization.

I know it's been a while since you added this post, but hopefully this information will help you along the way.

Most people start by attending a Regional Solo event which is just an autocross event. This will be an event in your local region that is made up of a course laid out with orange cones, typically in large parking lots.

You will be up against the clock and other cars in your class when you make your runs. There are usually around ix runs per event that can last as little as 30 seconds each all the way up to two minutes per run. It depends on the venue, car counts, weather, etc.

The best way to figure out what region you are in is use the SCCA wbsite to determine where you need to look. More often than not, most regions have their own websites that have region specific information that you will need/want to know.

If yo uhave any more questions, feel free to leave a reply and I or other members will chime in and hopefully get you headed in the right direction.

Welcome to the lifestyle!