How to Restore WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android Devices
In the field of texting and sharing the media WhatsApp can easily be considered the most popular choice. People prefer to use WhatsApp because it’s easy to use and available on both Android and iOS devices. People use WhatsApp for several purposes and sometimes switching devices can be a huge problem for them. It is true that WhatsApp takes the backup in the online drive, but Android and iOS both have different platforms for chatting backup. If you are switching an iOS device to an Android device and WhatsApp chat is essential for you. Then you need to know how to restore WhatsApp chats from iOS to android devices.
iOS devices store the backup of conversation in iCloud drive while Android stores the WhatsApp chat backup in Google drive That is exactly why restoring chat is a hard task for anyone. However, there is a simple procedure you can follow to get your chat from the iOS device to the Android device.
Export WhatsApp Chat from Your iPhone
- Open the “WhatsApp” application on the iPhone.
- Swipe “left” on chat for exporting.
- Click on the “More” button.
- Tap on the “Export Chat” option.
- The share sheet will come out and choose the “Mail” app.
- Type the “Email-address” to access the chat in the android device.
- Click on the “Send” option.
Now, if you have many chats with multiple people, then you need to repeat this procedure every time. It’s a simple procedure, and from the help of this, you can be easily able to access the chat boss in the android device. After tapping on the “Send” option, your chat mail will be sent to the email address that you have provided and in the Android device, you can easily access it.
Import WhatsApp Chat in Android Device
- Open “Gmail” in the android device.
- Search for the WhatsApp chat file mail.
- “Download” the file in your Android device.
- If you don’t have WhatsApp then “Install” it and if already have then “Re-install” it.
- “Launch” WhatsApp on the device.
- After the “Agree and Continue” option, click on the “Restore” option.
- Now, wait for the restoration and after a complete click on the “Next” button.
The restoring process is easy, and you don’t have to do anything in that process of restoring. After restoring will complete, you will be able to see all your previous chat that was on the iPhone device. You don’t need to install any third-party apps because the official apps will do the work of your requirement.
Set-Up the Backup on Android with Google Drive
- Launch “WhatsApp” on the Android device.
- Click on “three dots” on the “top-right” corner of the display.
- Choose the “Settings” option.
- Click on the “Chats” bar.
- Select the “Chat backup” box.
- Click on the “Back up to Google Drive” option.
- Select the “backup timing” among “Monthly”, “Weekly”, “Daily”, “Only when I tap Back up” and “Never.”
- Select the “Google account” that you want to take backup.
- Choose between “Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi or cellular” option.
- If you want to take the backup of the video, then mark the “Include Video” option.
After complete the process, your backup of the conversation will start automatically, and it will make a backup in Google Drive. After doing it, you can easily switch to other devices, and your backup will always be safe in the Drive.
Take Backup Manually In Android Device
- Launch “WhatsApp” on your Android phone.
- Click on the “three top-right corner dots” for more options.
- Select “Settings.”
- Click on the “Chats” box.
- Choose the “Chat backup” option.
- Choose the green “BACK UP” box.
If you don’t have Google Drive for the WhatsApp data, then your data will be stored in your device storage. In the device, it is located on /sdcard/WhatsApp folder and that folder you can move to any device to restore the WhatsApp conversation data in the mobile device.
Jeniffer Leio is a technical writer and her background is in engineering. She has been covering IT-related subjects like AI, Operating Systems, Latest Trends, Software, Cybersecurity, and Printer Support for a long time. She writes blogs, guides, white papers, and essays on several platforms. Her appreciated work mainly comes on lexmark printer support.