Getting that car home.
Tips For The Short Tow To The Service Station:
- Fasten a cable or sturdy tow chain to the vehicle being towed and to the trailer hitch of the towing vehicle. Make sure you hook the tow cable to the undercarriage of the tow vehicle and not just to the bumper.
- Do not have a passenger in the tow vehicle. This is illegal and can be a safety hazard
- Place a sign on the vehicle being towed to let the drivers behind you know that the "Vehicle Is In Tow" so they can give you plenty of room.
- Drive no faster than 45 miles per hour. High speeds can cause serious stress problems on the cables and increase the risk of an accident.
- Learning how to safely tow your own vehicle can save you time and money if you do it right.