Solo/Experiential Programs Communications Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Solo/Experiential Programs Communications Coordinator
DEPARTMENTS: Solo/Experiential Programs
Job Summary: Serves to coordinate the communication surrounding National Solo and Experiential Programs Events with a focus on consistent look, feel and tone and clarity for new and experienced participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. SCCA retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Coordinate pre and post event communications for National Solo Series, National Time Trials and Track Night in America participants
- Manage event information via web for National Solo, Time Trials and Track Night events with clarity and consistency
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Marketing Department on behalf of National Solo, National Time Trials and Track Night in America
- Assist with the design and deployment of pre-event marketing via email, web and social media channels
- Assist with developing and distributing content for each program including elements that drive the look/feel/vibe of the organization and programs
- Monitor and facilitate information distribution and discussion in the social media groups associated with National Solo, Time Trials and Track Night events
- Triage day-to-day incoming event participant emails and phone calls
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist staff with coverage and execution of Championship Events and National Convention as needed
- Perform special assignments and other duties as identified and/or assigned
Experience and Training:
- Minimum Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Special Training or Experience: Comfort and familiarity with automotive events and mechanical matters; ability to become proficient in Timing and Scoring, Registration and other systems and event deployment and management technologies. Strone service orientation and aptitude.
- This position reports to the Sr. Director of Solo and coordinates with the Region Development Manager
- This position requires travel to events, meeting and training opportunities.
- Work is conducted in outdoor motorsports and in indoor business environments. Some exposure to unfavorable conditions may be encountered during travel for business requirements located within the areas as well as to member locations.
- Requires walking 40% of the time, standing 30% and sitting 30% of the time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to participate in high level as well as routine conversation.
- Conditions may require work in low and bright light; use of near and far vision acuity; use of depth perception, color sensitivity, and a field of vision (peripheral vision).
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction. Ability to exchange information with others and to develop and present recommendations.
- Ability to read and understand complex written information. Ability to compose information and instruction in written form.
- Ability to use mathematical reasoning as necessary to carry out the requirements.
- Ability to utilize analytical skills and apply results.
- Flexible personality, strong initiative and spontaneity are essential.
- Ability to use and apply technology. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access and desktop publishing software is necessary.
Salary commensurate with experience. Position will start around April 2021.