Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack
Region Development Grant Application
Please note that due to COVID-19 Pandemic, the grant program for 2020 has been suspended. All applications will remain on file for a 2021 review
The Track Night Region Development Grant program provides $50,000 to be distributed to SCCA regions for the purposes of training, equipment upgrades, marketing, or offsetting costs of pilot events. 100% of funding is provided by Track Night revenue, however, grants do NOT need to be used for Track Night activities. The monies are being offered to support any region development activity deemed to meet the established criteria. The maximum grant value allocated to any activity will be $3,000.
Above is the online application for a Track Night Region Grant. Submissions are due no later than February 28, 2020. Grant requests will be reviewed by a five-person committee made up of SCCA Board of Directors members and National Staff. Submissions will be judged on innovation, merit and need. Announcement of recipients will be made March 20, 2020. If all funds are not distributed in the first round, a second submission window will be opened until April 1, 2020.
In evaluating a grant, the selection committee will give the most attention and focus
- It is innovative or demonstrates need:
- The request should directly add value to Region or Club activities and represent a new and innovative approach, or an approach that could potentially serve as a pilot project to test a concept for adaptation by other regions. And/Or:
- Improves Region operations or event experience (i.e. timing equipment, etc.)
- Backed by a project management plan:
- Description of request: What are the goals and objectives, deliverables (what you will deliver to meet your goal), metrics (how you will measure the success of your request), budget and financial plan (what is the overall projected budget, what other funding sources will be used)?
- Project schedule: What is the overall timeline for the entire project?
- Project Management: Who are the people who will lead the project/request and who are the primary contacts?
- It will have a positive impact on the Region and/or the Club:
- The request/project must positively reinforce the Club’s mission statement
Eligible requests/projects: Any project that demonstrates a need; training, equipment upgrades, marketing, or offsetting costs of pilot events.
Eligible costs: All eligible expenses must be based upon real costs. Applications without a realistic and cost-effective budget will not receive consideration. Expenses must:
- Be required for the project’s success: All expenses must be directly linked to the budget and financial planning components of the project management plan. Expenses which reflect the use of external vendors (consultants, contractors, etc.) must be precisely defined.
- Be directly invoiced by the Grant applicant: Eligible expenses which involve external vendors (consultants, contractors, etc.) must be invoiced by the Grant recipient. External vendors will not be paid directly by the SCCA.
- Comply with the principles of sound financial management
At a minimum, the application should include:
- Region Name
- Project Contact(s)
- Project Name
- Project Summary
- Anticipated Result (anticipated increase in participation, additional Region revenue generated, etc.)
- Project Timeline
- Project Budget (total amount needed for success)
- Amount of Grant Request