Colorado National Tour
Continental Divide/Colorado Regions
EVENT SPECIFIC SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS
2012 SCCA Solo National Tour
Event Chair: Clay Turner/Randy Hickman
Chief of Waivers; Eric Hahn
Chief Steward; Bob Tunnell
Youth Steward: Jamie Yost
Operating Steward: Lindsay Wilson
Sound Steward: Chris Mayfield
Chief of Safety; Yarko Thomas
Chief of Protest; Ian Mannix
Chief of Impound; Matt Rosazza
Course Designer; Kevin Younger
Chief of Grid: Mike Michaelson
Chief of Tech: Mike Forsythe
EVENT NATIONAL STAFF:
VP of Rally/Solo: Howard Duncan
Rally/Solo Technical Mgr: Doug Gill
Chief of T & S: Tracy Lewis
Operations Manager: Sandi Brown
Chief of Complience: Grady Wood
1. Competitors are responsible for understanding and following the rules and procedures in the 2012 Solo Rule Book as well as these Event Supplemental Regulations, Program Supplemental Regulations (as posted on scca.com) and any posted "driver notices”. While competitors are responsible for knowing all the rules and regulations, special attention should be given to the sections regarding grid/stage procedures, reruns, and minimum weights and T&S procedures.
2. Speed in the Paddock, Pre-grid and Grid areas shall not exceed 12 mph. Tire warm ups in the Paddock area, Grid area or on surrounding roadways are prohibited.
3. Children and pets are allowed anywhere on the event site EXCEPT during active competition. During active competition, children under 12 (except when FJ runs, the age will be 8, as special approval from the Board of Directors) and pets are not allowed in the grid, staging, and course areas. Pets must be leashed at all times.
4. The Tire Rack® is the title sponsor for SCCA National Solo 2012, which includes ProSolo® National Series, as well as the Solo National Tour and the National Championship at Lincoln. Participants in these events are required to run the title sponsor decal, which is a windshield decal that is to be used at the top of the windshield. Vehicles without windshields or with plastic windshields may place the decal on the front of the car in a highly visible location approved by the Chief of Compliance. Decals other than the official Tire Rack decal, except those required by National Tour Staff, are prohibited on the windshield. If you have special conditions requiring a possible alternate application, see the Chief Steward
5. Required decals must be in place for Tech Inspection and Impound.
6. Competitors coming to the line with two or more barcodes showing on their helmets will be DSQ’d for that run. Helmets will be checked for compliance @ tech prior to the start of the event. Any car arriving at the start line without the current year helmet decal will be removed from the line and will lose the run.
7. Trophies will be awarded on Sunday after the last runs. Competitors must be present to accept their trophy or have a designee accept a trophy for them. Trophies will not be mailed.
8. Changing tire brands during an event, regardless of the reason, will affect contingency eligibility.
9. Competitors coming to the line with the wrong number on their car or with two sets of numbers or class designators showing will be DSQ’d for that run.
10. Sound Policy – See Generic Tour Supplemental Rules, section G, posted at the Lincoln Drivers’ Center. Summary:
a. Sound reading of 97 to 100 dBA; driver will receive a warning from the Chief Steward or his representative
b. First violation of over 100 dBA limit; requires a verified attempt to reduce the sound level before their next run
c. “Second Chance run” violation of over 100 dBA; requires a different verified attempt to reduce the sound level
d. “Third/Last Chance run”; If the limit is exceeded the run will be scored a DNF