TOPEKA, Kan. (February 28, 2012) – SCCA members participating in any of the club’s disciplines are encouraged to regularly check SCCA.com for updates and additions to the contingency programs.
Four new manufacturers have joined Volkswagen, Honda, Mazda and Toyota to offer programs to Club Racers for the 2012 SafeRacer National Racing Series. Ford, Kia, Mini and Nissan have all finalized contingencies since the prior programs were initially announced in December.
Ford Racing is offering prizes up to $700 for top-three finishes in participating classes, ranging from T1 machines through B-Spec classes. Kia Motors America is supporting their new B-Spec effort with $500 in contingency for a win. Mini USA is offering cash to top three finishers in participating classes, with $500 for a win in most classes, and a $1,000 prize for winning with a Mini in the B-Spec class. Mini also has added a Regional program to their 2012 efforts.
Nissan is rewarding Club Racing Divisional Champions with $800 at the end of the season.
These contingency programs are an update to those announced here in December.
Full details on the 2012 Club Racing contingency programs are available here. SCCA members looking for contingency programs for the Tire Rack Solo National Tour or Tire Rack ProSolo can find those here.
- SCCA Drivers Leading Charge After Six of 24 Hours In Daytona - 01/24/2015
- Multi-time SCCA Trans Am Champion Tommy Kendall Named to Motorsports Hall of Fame - 01/23/2015
- RallyCross Contingency Awards Posted for 2015 - 01/23/2015
- SCCA President Recognized by the Women's Sport Foundation Project Podium - 12/16/2014
- New Class of SCCA Hall of Fame Inductees Announced - 12/10/2014