It took more than five years, yet two of SCCA's offshore Regions – the Arctic Alaska Region and the Hawaii Region - held the first leg of their Rally Challenge, hosted by the Arctic Alaska Region, November 16-17, 2013.
On March 22-23, 2014, the Alaskans traveled to warmer shores to take in the Hawaii Region's RallyCross and the St. Patrick's Lucky Road Rally. Four Region members traveled to the islands to take in sunshine, great events and reacquaint with fellow members from the Hawaii Region.
Special to the event, was a letter from President Lisa Noble to the two Regions. It was received with great honor to be recognized for holding SCCA-sanctioned events so far from the lower 48.
Linked here is the great video posted just days after the Hawaii Rally.
- SCCA Drivers Leading Charge After Six of 24 Hours In Daytona - 01/24/2015
- Multi-time SCCA Trans Am Champion Tommy Kendall Named to Motorsports Hall of Fame - 01/23/2015
- SCCA President Recognized by the Women's Sport Foundation Project Podium - 12/16/2014
- New Class of SCCA Hall of Fame Inductees Announced - 12/10/2014
- SCCA Top Brass to Speak at Race Track Business Conference in Indianapolis - 12/08/2014