DETROIT (May 16, 2014) - The next SCCA National Road Rallys on the calendar are set for June 7 and 8, starting in Chelsea, Michigan.
Saturday's event will be called “Cast in Stone.” This rally will be run in an area between Ann Arbor and Jackson, in Southeast Michigan. Most of the rally will be run south of Interstate 94. Like the other “Cast In Stone" rallies, run from 2009 through 2012, there will be only one average speed throughout the rally. Pauses, Gains, and Transit Zones will be used in areas where this average speed might not be appropriate.
Sunday's event will be named “Letters of Intent.” The intent, so to speak, is for there to be only one trap, or trap concept, per leg. Numbered route instructions, lettered route instructions and main-road determinants will be used. However, the main-road determinants will be kept to a minimum and will be the same for the entire rally.
The Comfort Inn, at 1645 Commerce Park Drive, Chelsea, Michigan, will serve as rally headquarters. Additional information, an entry form and flyer are available from http://www.detroit-scca.org.
Additional information on the SCCA Rally program can be found at http://www.scca.com/rally/. Like the Club on Facebook at Facebook.com/SCCAOfficial and follow us on Twitter @SCCAOffical.
- SCCA President Recognized by the Women's Sport Foundation Project Podium - 12/16/2014
- New Class of SCCA Hall of Fame Inductees Announced - 12/10/2014
- SCCA Top Brass to Speak at Race Track Business Conference in Indianapolis - 12/08/2014
- SCCA Unveils New-Look Convention, MSX Schedule and Pricing - 11/20/2014
- Nomination Due Date for SCCA Member of Excellence Approaching - 11/06/2014