Fifty-six cars entered the Clear Blue Sky Rally starting in McKinney, Texas on July 13. This sets a modern-era record for the number of entrants in a Southwest Division roadrally since the days of Rustler's Run and Big Bend Bash National rallies in the 1960's and 1970's.
The cars ran a 120-mile course through Collin and Grayson counties north of Dallas, with a five-hour time limit. Certain turns were identified by photographs, and those who picked the wrong intersection ran an off-course loop. The event counted towards the National RoadRally Championship, as a Regional GTA rally.
The winning MAZDA3 from Frisco, Texas, was joined by a Honda Accord from Houston, a 1974 Triumph TR-6 from Richardson, and a 1961 Studebaker Hawk from McKinney. The Team Award was won by three Mazdas, with teams of Mustangs, Subarus, Hondas, Volkswagens, Minis, and Camaros following in that order.
Host Texas Region will stage a shortest-distance map rally on August 17.
- Convention Just 24 Hours From Opening Day - 03/06/2014
- The Couple that Races Together Stays Together - 02/14/2014
- Member of Excellence Nominations Due Soon - 11/06/2013
- 19th SCCA RoadRally Challenge Crowns Three Champion Teams - 10/24/2013
- Detroit Region Announces 65th Press on Regardless Road Rally - 08/07/2013