TOPEKA, Kan. (September 8, 2011) - The SCCA Road Rally community is approaching its biggest event of the year, the U.S. Road Rally Challenge presented by the California Sports Car Club Region SCCA, October 21-23.
The Cal Club Region of SCCA and Santa Monica Sports Car Club, which has won nine awards for the outstanding National Rally of the year (most recently for Highway Robbery in 2004) are presenting three different rally programs as part of the event: A Course With No Name National GTA Rally on Friday, October 21, the Highway Robbery National Course Rally on Saturday, October 22, and the Not My Fault National Touring Rally on Sunday, October 23.
A Course With No Name GTA rally is a return to the classic Southern California gimmick rally style that reigned throughout the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Highway Robbery Course rally travels primarily in the Antelope Valley and its surrounding foothills. It will be a course-following trap rally of average difficulty in which most contestants are expected to do most legs correctly. Traps will be found on the road, and are not based upon RRR nit-picking. In fact, you will be able to run Highway Robbery using SMSCC’s (local) General Instructions. There will be minimal addenda for the RRRs and for the SMSCC GIs to bring the two into alignment. Not My Fault Tour rally will be a fun and spirited drive with some California geography education thrown in, concentrating on the San Andreas earthquake fault.
Each rally will begin from the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Valencia, Calif., and special rates are available from the hotel for those participating in the USRRC.
Registration forms for the USRRC are available on www.scca.com
- Inaugural Ourally Alpine Road Rally Comes to Colorado Oct. 4-8 - 03/30/2015
- Oseth Named SCCA Pro Racing Vice President/General Manager - 03/25/2015
- SCCA Inks Partnership with Garmin, Names VIRB Official Camera, Presenting Sponsor - 03/04/2015
- SCCA Convention Ends on a High Note with the Awards and Hall of Fame Ceremony - 02/22/2015
- Day Two of SCCA National Convention Filled with Program-specific 2020 Sessions - 02/21/2015