TOPEKA, Kan. (June 30, 2014) – Alex Barrett, of Brooklyn, New York, will be attending the 2014 US Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas after being selected as the winner of the SCCA Foundation Raffle on Sunday.
Barrett’s prize package includes two VIP Hospitality Passes for the Formula One World Championship event, along with $5,000 cash for travel expenses, from the Foundation Raffle.
The SCCA Foundation is the not-for-profit 501(c)(3) arm of the Sports Car Club of America, with proceeds from the raffle benefitting each of the Foundation’s causes. The SCCA Foundation’s efforts currently focus on youth initiatives, including the Tire Rack Street Survival® Program teaching defensive driving to teenagers, and involvement in the Formula SAE program, which includes presenting the Carroll Smith’s Mentor Cup and the Bob Woods Cup annually to participants. The SCCA Foundation is also raising funds for a permanent home for SCCA’s historic records and motorsports memorabilia.
The Formula One World Championship runs at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, October 31 through November 2, with a number of SCCA members involved in the planning and operating of the race. The United States Grand Prix is round 17 of 19 on the 2014 World Championship calendar.
- Russell Wins Tire Rack ProSolo Finale Super Challenge and ProSolo Championship - 08/31/2014
- Majors Tour Schedule Takes Checkers At Topeka - 08/31/2014
- Majors Season Just One Race From Finish In Topeka - 08/30/2014
- Tire Rack ProSolo Finale Showdown Set for Lincoln - 08/30/2014
- Kummer to Vacate Club Racing Post - 08/29/2014