TOPEKA, Kan. (June 30, 2014) – Alex Barrett, of Brooklyn, New York, will be attending the 2014 US Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas after being selected as the winner of the SCCA Foundation Raffle on Sunday.
Barrett’s prize package includes two VIP Hospitality Passes for the Formula One World Championship event, along with $5,000 cash for travel expenses, from the Foundation Raffle.
The SCCA Foundation is the not-for-profit 501(c)(3) arm of the Sports Car Club of America, with proceeds from the raffle benefitting each of the Foundation’s causes. The SCCA Foundation’s efforts currently focus on youth initiatives, including the Tire Rack Street Survival® Program teaching defensive driving to teenagers, and involvement in the Formula SAE program, which includes presenting the Carroll Smith’s Mentor Cup and the Bob Woods Cup annually to participants. The SCCA Foundation is also raising funds for a permanent home for SCCA’s historic records and motorsports memorabilia.
The Formula One World Championship runs at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, October 31 through November 2, with a number of SCCA members involved in the planning and operating of the race. The United States Grand Prix is round 17 of 19 on the 2014 World Championship calendar.
- Two of Three Qualifying Sessions in the Books at Summit Point - 08/01/2014
- Eastern Conference to Conclude at Summit Point Motorsports Park - 07/31/2014
- Pirelli World Challenge set for Mid-Ohio Tussle - 07/31/2014
- Cathers Caps off Weekend with Tire Rack ProSolo Super Challenge Win - 07/29/2014
- Northern Conference Completes Road America Rounds Despite Afternoon Rain - 07/27/2014