LEXINGTON, Ohio (May 30, 2014) – Eight run groups ran at least one 25-minute session on Friday at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, and five groups ran a second session to set the grids for Saturday’s BFGoodrich Tires Super Tour races. The event is rounds three and four of the Northern Conference Majors Tour.
Groups Six, Seven and Eight will run second qualifying sessions beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning to set grids, and then racing will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m.
Saturday’s races are 30-minute timed races for full points in the Northern Conference Championship. In addition to the qualifying sessions, Sunday’s 19-lap race grid positions can be enhanced by a faster time during the race.
This weekend also features the RaceGearBox.com GT-Lite Invitational. RaceGearBox.com is providing special trophies, prizes and a Saturday evening barbecue for participating GT-Lite racers.
Live timing, notes, PA audio feed, and new webcam video can be accessed for the races at SCCA.com/SCCALive. Live timing is available for every session of the weekend, including on smart phones and tablets through the Race Monitor app.
More information can be found at SCCA.com/MidOhioMajors – including the schedule for the weekend, entry list and qualifying results.
Follow along with notes this weekend on Twitter @SCCALive.
- SCCA and Speedway Motors Partner for CAM Challenge, Invitation To Goodguys Autocross Finals - 01/27/2015
- SCCA Members Wittmer, Lawrence and Keating Take Home A Rolex From Daytona - 01/25/2015
- SCCA Drivers Leading Charge After Six of 24 Hours In Daytona - 01/24/2015
- Multi-time SCCA Trans Am Champion Tommy Kendall Named to Motorsports Hall of Fame - 01/23/2015
- RallyCross Contingency Awards Posted for 2015 - 01/23/2015