ELKHART LAKE, Wis. (September 22, 2013) – The 50th SCCA® National Championship Runoffs® ended Sunday at Road America with the crowning of 10 additional National Champions, near record participation, and the closest finish in Runoffs history since the advent of transponder-based timing.
The 701 drivers to participate in the weekend was just eight shy of the record, set in 2004 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. For the second-consecutive year, Bobby Lentz lost a heartbreaker in GT-Lite, as Chris Bovis won the race by just 0.007-second in the closest Runoffs race in the transponder era.
The three days of racing and the crowning of 28 National Champions was a fitting send off for the Road America era of the event after five years, before it moves to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (2014), Daytona International Speedway (2015), and Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (2016) in the next three years.
All 28 races from the 50th Runoffs were broadcast live at www.SpeedcastTv.com, and will soon be available on demand at the website.
- Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals Opens Tuesday In Lincoln - 09/02/2014
- Rothmuller Setting High Bar for Female Racers - 09/02/2014
- Board of Directors Grab Their Helmets For Tire Rack Solo Nationals - 09/02/2014
- Tire Rack Solo Nationals Underway! - 09/02/2014
- Russell Wins Tire Rack ProSolo Finale Super Challenge and ProSolo Championship - 08/31/2014