TOPEKA, Kan. (July 19, 2013) – Global Rallycross is back in action July 20 at Bristol Motor Speedway, for the Round Five of the GRC Supercar class and Round Two of the GRC Lites class. All the dirt-flinging and high-flying action will be televised live on ESPN and ESPN 3.
In GRC Supercar, championship leader Toomas Hikkinen is on a roll. He has finished on the top step of the podium in the last two events, and carries a 23-point lead into Bristol. Tanner Foust sits second in the championship with 34 points, after third- and fourth-place finishes in the last two events, respectively. Sitting at third in the championship race, Brian Deegan is looking to build momentum following a third-place finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
GRC Lites made their debut in Loudon last week, with Joni Weiman taking the inaugural win. Sebastian Eriksson took second followed by Kevin Eriksson, in third.
The live telecast on ESPN and ESPN 3 is scheduled for Saturday, July 20 at 4:30 p.m. (EDT). Live timing and scoring can be viewed at http://www.timingdata.info/GRC.
Tickets for the event are still available at http://www.bristoldragway.com/get_tickets/monster_truck_madness/.
Global Rallycross is sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing.
For additional information on GRC, visit www.gobal-rallycross.com. For updates on the series stay connected to Twitter @GlobalRallyX and @SCCAProRacing.
- Happy Holidays from SCCA - 12/23/2014
- SCCA Club Racing Announces Contingency Partners for 2015 - 12/23/2014
- Classic American Muscle Car Owners Classified For 2015 Tire Rack Solo Program - 12/22/2014
- Spec Miata Rules, Tow Fund Among SCCA December BoD Decisions - 12/18/2014
- SCCA President Recognized by the Women's Sport Foundation Project Podium - 12/16/2014