TOPEKA, Kan. (June 24,2013) - Jeffrey Bower, of Chester, N.Y., passed away on Friday during a Sports Car Club of America regional race at Lime Rock Park. Bower was 70-years-old.
According to reports, Bower’s Formula Vee failed to slow or turn for a corner, ran off course and impacted a barrier. No other cars were involved.
“We’re very saddened to learn of Jeff Bower’s passing,” SCCA President & CEO Jeff Dahnert said. “Our thoughts are with his family, friends and the SCCA community in this difficult time.”
Bower was a member of SCCA since 1990.
More information on Mr. Bower’s memorial service will be posted as it becomes available.
- Spec Miata Rules, Tow Fund Among SCCA December BoD Decisions - 12/18/2014
- SCCA President Recognized by the Women's Sport Foundation Project Podium - 12/16/2014
- New Class of SCCA Hall of Fame Inductees Announced - 12/10/2014
- SCCA Top Brass to Speak at Race Track Business Conference in Indianapolis - 12/08/2014
- Ad-hoc Committees for Prototype Classes Dissolved - 12/01/2014