TOPEKA, Kan. (June 24,2013) - Jeffrey Bower, of Chester, N.Y., passed away on Friday during a Sports Car Club of America regional race at Lime Rock Park. Bower was 70-years-old.
According to reports, Bower’s Formula Vee failed to slow or turn for a corner, ran off course and impacted a barrier. No other cars were involved.
“We’re very saddened to learn of Jeff Bower’s passing,” SCCA President & CEO Jeff Dahnert said. “Our thoughts are with his family, friends and the SCCA community in this difficult time.”
Bower was a member of SCCA since 1990.
More information on Mr. Bower’s memorial service will be posted as it becomes available.
- Cathers Caps off Weekend with Tire Rack ProSolo Super Challenge Win - 07/29/2014
- Northern Conference Completes Road America Rounds Despite Afternoon Rain - 07/27/2014
- Northern Conference Round Nine Runs At Hot Road America - 07/26/2014
- IndyCar Star Josef Newgarden to Participate at SCCA Formula F 45th Celebration - 07/25/2014
- Contingency Programs Set for 2014 SCCA National Championship Runoffs - 07/23/2014