SUMMIT POINT, W.V. (May 3, 2013) – With more than 170 cars on the entry list, one of the largest May races Summit Point Motorsports Park history got underway on Friday with 25 minutes each of practice and qualifying. The doubleheader weekend serves as Rounds Seven and Eight of 12 in the SCCA Eastern Conference Majors Tour.
The morning opened with 25 minutes of practice for each of the seven race groups this weekend, followed by a qualifying session of the same length in the afternoon.
Sunny skies and temperatures in the high 60s are expected to continue through the weekend.
The schedule heats up beginning on Saturday morning. Each group will get a 15-minute qualifying session with the best time from either Friday or Saturday used to set the grid. The schedule repeats on Sunday, with the best time from Friday or Sunday’s sessions used to set the second day starting positions.
Each day of races will score points for the Eastern Conference standings.
On both race days, the PA feed from the Summit Point announcers, along with notes and live timing, are available at www.scca.com/SCCALive.
- Inaugural Ourally Alpine Road Rally Comes to Colorado Oct. 4-8 - 03/30/2015
- SCCA Announces Winners of the Wendi Allen Scholarship - 03/26/2015
- Oseth Named SCCA Pro Racing Vice President/General Manager - 03/25/2015
- SCCA Tire Rack Solo Championship Concludes SoCal Swing - 03/24/2015
- Majors Concludes Inaugural Race Weekend at Chuckwalla - 03/22/2015