The SCCA Convention presented by SafeRacer is past its halfway point following the Happy Hour Region Leadership Awards that capped Friday’s activities.
The open reception recognized Region Achievement Awards, the Tom Burke Award for percentage growth in the past year, and the prestigious Region of the Year. Colin Arnold, VP of Region and Member Services, presented each of the award winners.
This year, the Detroit Region took home the prestigious Region of the Year. Assistant Regional Executive Pat Barber accepted the award on behalf of the Region.
The Region Leadership Awards:
Tom Burke Awards
Small Regions: South Texas Border, Andrew McMillan, RE
Medium Regions: Glen Region, Lawrence Emery, Jr., RE
Large Regions: Finger Lakes Region, Michael Toombs, RE
Jumbo Regions: Oregon Region, Andrew Foley, RE
Region Achievement Awards
Small Regions: Arizona Border Region (winner), West Texas Region (Honorable Mention)
Medium Regions: Continental Divide Regions (winner), South Bend Region (Honorable Mention)
Large Regions: Land O’ Lakes Region (winner), St. Louis Region (Honorable Mention)
Jumbo Regions: Detroit Region (winner), Milwaukee Region (Honorable Mention)
Region of the Year
Detroit Region, Dr. Jennifer M. Glass, RE
Honorable Mention: Arizona Border Region; Central Carolinas Region
The SCCA Convention presented by SafeRacer continues Friday afternoon and Saturday at the South Point Hotel and Casino, culminating with the SCCA Hall of Fame Banquet induction ceremony on Saturday evening.
Follow the news and notes from the convention on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SCCAOfficial, or on Twitter @SCCAOfficial.
- SCCA and Speedway Motors Partner for CAM Challenge, Invitation To Goodguys Autocross Finals - 01/27/2015
- SCCA Members Wittmer, Lawrence and Keating Take Home A Rolex From Daytona - 01/25/2015
- SCCA Drivers Leading Charge After Six of 24 Hours In Daytona - 01/24/2015
- Multi-time SCCA Trans Am Champion Tommy Kendall Named to Motorsports Hall of Fame - 01/23/2015
- RallyCross Contingency Awards Posted for 2015 - 01/23/2015