TOPEKA, Kan. (November 14, 2012) – The Sports Car Club of America is, once again, seeking nominations for the Member of Excellence award to be presented at the 2013 SCCA National Convention in Las Vegas. One of the Club’s top honors, the winner snags a trip to the motorsports event of their choice, anywhere in the world.
The award goes to a member who provided a great contribution in the previous 12 months to the Club overall, regardless of competition area, as selected by the SCCA Board of Directors. The recipient can be involved in Solo, Rally or Club Racing, and should personify the SCCA volunteer as a person who gives his or her time and effort to creating or operating a successful motorsports event.
This year’s honoree will join Arnie Coleman, Marina Kraft, Carol Cohn and Dave Deborde as previous prizewinners.
The 2012 Member of Excellence award winner will be given a trip to any motorsports event, anywhere in the world, with any sanctioning body. The award is funded by a 20-year private endowment by an anonymous SCCA member.
Nominees for the Member of Excellence shall have a minimum of five years of service with SCCA events and may not be a paid SCCA staff member, current Board of Directors member or any member who is a paid consultant to SCCA.
Nominees should be submitted to email@example.com or faxed to the attention of the SCCA President at (785) 232-7228. Nominations must be received by close of business November 30, 2012 for consideration.
- Contingency Awards Outlined for Tire Rack National Solo Program - 02/23/2015
- SCCA Convention Ends on a High Note with the Awards and Hall of Fame Ceremony - 02/22/2015
- Day Two of SCCA National Convention Filled with Program-specific 2020 Sessions - 02/21/2015
- Panel Discussion on SCCA Future Caps Opening Day of Club Convention - 02/20/2015
- SCCA Members Recognized With National Level Awards - 02/20/2015