TOPEKA, Kan. (September 4, 2012) – For the second time, Gumout and the SCCA are putting on the all-star race at the Tire Rack Solo National Championship.
The top drivers in each heat will compete head-to-head in the Gumout/Black Magic/BFGoodrich Tires “Use Your Motorhead” Volkswagen Golf, with the quickest single run named the winner of the Gumout All-Star Shootout.
Ten drivers will be eligible for each of the two shootouts. The selected participants from the Tuesday/Wednesday runs will be held during Heat 1 on Thursday morning, while the Thursday/Friday participants will run near the end of the day on Friday. Eligibility will be based on PAX, with the top driver from each heat receiving an invitation. Each driver will take two runs in the Street Touring® prepared machine. The runs will determine the winner, with the top three drivers taking cash prizes, courtesy of Gumout.
Gumout, the Official Performance Chemicals of SCCA, will post a total prize package of $1,750 to the top three of each Gumout All-Star Shootout (Thursday and Friday), with the winner taking $500, $250 to the runner-up and $125 to third place.
Details of the Gumout All-Star Shootout are as follows:
- At the conclusion of each heat competition Wednesday and Friday, times will be indexed based on PAX, and a single Gumout Heat All Star will be identified.
- PAX is an indexing system that applies a correction factor to overall times based on the class an individual is competing in. The goal of PAX is to remove the class variable, focusing on driver performance.
- Each driver will make two runs, with regular National Championship rules applying
- Drivers will not be able to make any adjustments to the car. Tire Pressures will be maintained at the same level for each run.
- As this competition is for fun, final results of the Gumout All-Star Shootout are not protestable.
E Stock National Champion Bartek Borowski and H Stock National Champion James Feinberg earned the $500 checks for topping the two competitions a year ago.
For more info on the Gumout project car, visit www.projectmotorhead.com.
- Spec Miata Rules, Tow Fund Among SCCA December BoD Decisions - 12/18/2014
- SCCA President Recognized by the Women's Sport Foundation Project Podium - 12/16/2014
- New Class of SCCA Hall of Fame Inductees Announced - 12/10/2014
- SCCA Top Brass to Speak at Race Track Business Conference in Indianapolis - 12/08/2014
- Ad-hoc Committees for Prototype Classes Dissolved - 12/01/2014