TOPEKA, Kan. (June 28, 2012) – SCCA workers and volunteers helped with the “dynamic” portion of the Formula SAE Lincoln event, June 20-23, and the University of Kansas took home the top trophy at the event’s first visit to the site of the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championships.
The 81-team event, made up from college students from around the world, took place at the Lincoln Airpark for the first time. The competition consisted of two separate categories – the static portion, which ranged from the engineering of the car to a business plan and cost analysis from each team; and the dynamic portion of the event, which was based on the car’s performance.
In order to participate in the dynamic portion, each team had to pass an hour-long detailed technical inspection. Once complete, the field participated in braking and accelerating tests, an autocross, and an endurance run.
KU’s Jayhawk Motorsports took the top prize that factored in all portions of the competition.
Each participant was also given a voucher for a free one-year SCCA Membership to continue their motorsports pursuits.
More information can be found at the Formula SAE website, http://students.sae.org/competitions/formulaseries/.
Information on Jayhaw Motorsports can be found on their Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/JMSTeam
- 50th SCCA National Championship Runoffs Races Available on DVD, Digital Download - 04/15/2014
- 27 Winners In SCCA BFGoodrich Tires Super Tour Sunday - 04/13/2014
- Huge Crowd Opens BFGoodrich Tires Super Tour at Thunderhill - 04/12/2014
- Pirelli World Challenge Streams Live from Historic Long Beach Grand Prix This Weekend - 04/11/2014
- SCCA Announces 2014 RallyCross National Championship Registration Procedures - 04/10/2014