FORT WORTH, Texas – SCCA’s new Club Racing Majors program takes a big step this weekend, with the first Invitational event hitting the track at Texas Motor Speedway for the Parts Plus Grand Prix of Texas.
The 10 classes featured in the 2012 pilot program for the Majors Championship have the spotlight shined on them at the 2.3-mile oval based road course, with a pair of races that count toward Divisional, National and Majors point championships. The races feature victory circle ceremonies, special awards and victory laps. No more than two classes are run per race group, with each multi-class race group having a split start.
Saturday starts with 20-minute qualifying sessions, followed in the afternoon by 19-lap Championship races. Sunday starts with 20-minute qualifying races that will set the grid for the afternoon’s 19-lap Championship contests.
For more event information, including live timing and scoring links, schedule and results, visit the event homepage here.
Follow the new SCCA Majors program on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SCCAMajors.
- Top SCCA Drivers Sparkle Sunday In June Sprints Sunshine - 06/16/2013
- First of Four SCCA June Sprints Races Completed on Saturday at Road America - 06/15/2013
- Jim Hayter Wins SCCA Foundation Raffle - 06/15/2013
- Provisional Poles Set On Friday At Road America - 06/14/2013
- Northern Conference Continues with June Sprints - 06/13/2013