BRASELTON, Ga. (October 3, 2011) – Four-time SCCA National Champion Justin Pritchard, of Granville, Ohio, was named the final SCCA Star Performer on the ESPN3.com and ABC broadcasts of the American Le Mans Series Presented by Tequila Patron Petit LeMans.
Pritchard drove through the rain to a 39.399-second win in the E Production class at the 48th SCCA National Championship Runoffs at Road America, earning his first title in the class following a Formula Continental win in 1996 and back-to-back Formula F wins in 2002 and 2003. Pritchard started sixth in his No. 55 Carriage & Motor Works/Hoosier Mazda RX-7 and took the lead on the third lap on his way to the victory.
As part of its relationship with the American Le Mans Series Presented by Tequila Patron, one SCCA member was announced as the Star Performer during each ALMS series broadcast. Past winners include Robert Thorne, Chip Van Vurst, Scott Rettich, Ron Sharp, Jeff Kiesel, Brianne Corn and, now, Justin Pritchard.
- Classic American Muscle Car Owners Classified For 2015 Tire Rack Solo Program - 12/22/2014
- Spec Miata Rules, Tow Fund Among SCCA December BoD Decisions - 12/18/2014
- SCCA President Recognized by the Women's Sport Foundation Project Podium - 12/16/2014
- New Class of SCCA Hall of Fame Inductees Announced - 12/10/2014
- SCCA Top Brass to Speak at Race Track Business Conference in Indianapolis - 12/08/2014