Runoffs Registration, Parking Opens Wednesday, July 25
TOPEKA, Kan. (July 23, 2012) – Registration and reserved parking for the 2012 SCCA National Championship Runoffs® opens Wednesday, July 25 at 10:00 a.m. (EST) through www.scca.com/runoffs.
Car numbers from 2011 will be honored for one week, meaning that a driver that ran a particular number at last year’s event will have it held in that class until Aug. 1 at 9 a.m. CST (10 a.m. Eastern). After that time, the number will become available to any entrant. Number conflicts due to new class groupings will be resolved on a first-come, first served basis. As always, the number “1” is reserved exclusively for defending class National Champions.
As a reminder, due to overwhelming support of the concept, the schedule for the 49th Annual Runoffs has been changed significantly to minimize the number of consecutive days a driver would need to be in attendance. Held September 18-23, 2012, the complete schedule is available here: http://www.scca.com/assets/Schedule_2012_for_print_3.29.12.pdf. Due to this staggered schedule, drivers are encouraged to plan their parking reservations through Road America accordingly. For instance, if a driver is not planning to arrive until Wednesday of race week, they are encouraged to select a space that would be accessible with the understanding that other competitors may have arrived as much as four days earlier.
Reserved parking is only available to individuals registered for the National Championship Runoffs. Once entered in the event, a unique parking key will be automatically e-mailed, along with links to the parking reservation process at Road America’s website.
For reference, parking maps are available at http://www.roadamerica.com/Registration/SelectReservation.aspx.
Mazda has again reserved the area down the hill from the Gear Box concession as well as the Lester Carport for its racers. Information for Mazda drivers wishing to park in this area is available with the other parking information here: http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=51087.
Full entry and parking information is available in the supplemental regulations, posted at www.scca.com/runoffs. As a convenience, the parking sections are posted below for reference:
14.16. Reserved Parking: Optional reserved paddock parking may be obtained through Road America after you have successfully registered for the event through SCCA’s Runoffs registration. There will be a link to the Road America website, which will have available spaces for reservation.
Due to the staggered schedule in 2012, RA may need to adjust these spaces as you are parked, to allow for early departures and late arrivals.
• Be prepared to provide your anticipated arrival and departure dates in addition to the space size needed to fit your configuration (including your awning) when you reserve your spot.
• Most spaces will be $100. Spaces range from 30 x 40 to 15 x 70. Each competitor may only reserve one (1) spot per entry.
• Admittance to Road America for those with reserved parking spots will be from 6am-6 pm STARTING SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th, unless other arrangements have been made with Road America BEFORE you arrive. Please follow instructions noted on the RA website as they may be updated prior to the event.
• If you do not wish to reserve/pay for a parking spot, non-reserved free parking will be available on a first come first served basis starting on Monday, September 17th, 2012 at noon CDT.
• Competitors doing test days will be parked in their reserved spots ONLY one day prior to their scheduled test day.
14.17. All vehicles shall be parked within your designated paddock spot. If the vehicle does not fit in this area, it shall be parked in designated overflow parking areas.
• Each entry will be issued one parking pass designated specifically for your paddock area. This pass will allow access to the paddock area only. An additional parking pass may be provided by SCCA Registration, contingent on all vehicles fitting into the paddock space.
• All personal vehicles that are parked in “no parking areas” or that do not have the proper parking pass for that area will be towed.
• If you have an oversized rig that will not fit in the sizes of the spaces noted in 14.17, contact Lori at ROAD AMERICA (800-365-7223) before you reserve your spot for assistance.