FONTANA, Calif. (January 25, 2013) – Friday afternoon opened the BFGoodrich Tires Super Tour presented by Porterfield Brakes at Auto Club Speedway with practice sessions for each of the six groups. The world-famous Southern California sun was nowhere to be found, with a number of cars electing to sit out the wet sessions on the 21-turn, 2.8-mile infield road course.
There was no competitive penalty for missing the day, as qualifying for the first of this weekend’s race takes place in 25-minute sessions on Saturday morning. Each of the six groups will qualify under what the National Weather Service is calling a 40% chance of morning showers, but the rain is expected to lift by afternoon for a clear round of races on Sunday.
The BFGoodrich Tires Super Tour presented by Porterfield Brakes is also the opening two rounds of the Western Conference Majors Tour. The Western Conference also visits Buttonwillow Raceway, Pacific Raceway, and Portland International Raceway.
Live timing, lap notes, and streaming audio will be available from the event page here all weekend long.
- Newgarden Wins Formula F 45th Anniversary Feature Race at Barber - 08/10/2014
- Futrelle Wins Wet FF Anniversary Saturday Sprint at Barber - 08/09/2014
- 2014 Eastern Conference Season is Complete at Summit Point - 08/03/2014
- Day One from Summit Point is a Wrap - 08/02/2014
- Two of Three Qualifying Sessions in the Books at Summit Point - 08/01/2014