CAMPING / LODGING
Lodging is also available in the area at reasonable rates depending on your personal preferences. Seaside, Salinas and other communities within a half hour commute offer additional options. Weekly rental properties are also a possibility. For assistance in making your arrangements, you can contact the Monterey County Convention and Visitors bureau at 877-Monterey or www.seemonterey.com
TOWING / TRANSPORTATION
- Driving Diesel Vehicles
- Driving Gas Powered Vehicles
PARKING AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA
- SCCA will be able to begin paddock parking Saturday morning, October 4th
- Those arriving a day or so early will be able to stage on South Boundary Road
- which will be closed for the event
- When on-line Registration opens in July, you will be able to reserve a spot in one of 3 locations. You will likely not be reserving a specific spot, but a space in one of the 3 areas. (We will not have time to park everyone unless it is done in a single file-next one gets next spot manner.) A reserved area will likely be included in your event entry fee.
Spaces will likely be 25x30, but it will be tight. If your RV fits in your allocated space, you may stay in it overnight, but Monterey County Park rates will apply (see park info link below). Fees (if applicable) for overnight camping in driver paddock are being determined. Passes can be reserved by calling the Mazda Raceway Laguna.
- Monday – Test day (200-250 cars)
- Tuesday-Thursday – qualifying (the specific class groupings for the qualifying sessions will not be determined until early September when entry levels are known. Oversubscription is a possibility (this event is being held at a venue that is 2.23 miles compared to the 4 miles we’ve had the luxury of working with the last few years) and while the races should be fine, we may not be able to determine the classes that will be combined for qualifying until September. We are targeting at least 2 qualifying sessions for every class spread over the 3 days of qualifying.
- Friday-Sunday – Race days (8 races per day)
- On-track hours – 8:30-5 daily
- All participant party – Thursday night at the track
- Must be taken seriously
- 90db from 8:30-9:00 and 4:30 Monday-Thursday
- 105db from 9:00-4:30 Monday-Thursday
- Unrestricted Friday-Sunday, but SCCA rule of 103 should be expected
- SRF and SM need muffler and will likely be scheduled first or last each day
- SCCA will set up forum for drivers to use to exchange information and tips about how to achieve compliant sound levels in early 2014
At this time, this is what is likely for the schedule