Information Technology Manager
The Information Technology Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Information Technology department. Works with the Vice President of Information Technology, and end-users to develop, and execute the Club’s strategic information technology plan. Is knowledgeable of a wide range of technologies and Club operations; applies this knowledge to propose and implement technology solutions to solve business problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. SCCA retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Manages professionals, contractors, and vendors engaged in software development, information technology infrastructure, and telecommunications.
- Prepares and assists team members with requirements documents, project plans, and test plans. Monitors and reports status of project and team activities.
- With an in-depth understanding of the Club’s data and operations, assists and directs the IT staff and end-users in preparing operational and statistical reports.
- Provides technical leadership and direction to assigned staff and contractors. As a technology leader the incumbent must have a broad knowledge of technology and strive to keep current in an ever changing landscape.
- Participates in the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to information technology systems. Coordinates resources and project timelines with end-users.
- Assists with the review and selection of hardware, software, and IT service providers.
- Monitors performance of assigned staff; develops, and executes staff training and remediation plans.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and oversight of IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- Capacity planning, provides periodic reports and forecasts for servers, storage, networking, and telecommunications.
- Directs and oversees the inventory and documentation of IT services, software purchases, and hardware purchases.
- Develops, maintains, and overseas the testing of the IT Disaster Recovery plan.
- Develops and tracks annual budget.
Experience and Training:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or other related field.
- Minimum of seven years information technology experience with a minimum of three years as a team leader or project manager.
- SCCA is primarily a Microsoft technology shop utilizing Windows 7 and 8 at the desktop level, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Exchange, SQL Server, and .net for applications development. The incumbent must possess an intermediate level of knowledge of these technologies, with advanced knowledge of SQL Server and .net technologies preferred.
- The Club primarily develops web based applications, knowledge of java script, HTML, CSS and related technologies is required.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Object Oriented, Test Driven, and Agile development is preferred.
- Track record for delivering projects on-time and within budget.
- Broad based technology background covering application development, infrastructure, networking, telecommunications, and security.
- Understands the Club’s structure, membership, customers, and the constituencies the Club office supports. Prior experience working with membership organizations and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Interested persons should e-mail a current resume and cover letter to SCCA Human Resources
SCCA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
We are a drug-free workplace.