SCCA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
We are a drug-free workplace.
POSITION: Technical Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Club Racing Technical Manager
Responsible for the communication of all technical aspects of Club Racing to the SCCA membership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. SCCA retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
• Communicate with Club Racing members via email, phone and written communication. These communications will focus on rules regulations and clarifications.
• Compile all elements, lay out and publish monthly FasTrack News. Include updates in monthly update of the General Competition Rules (GCR).
• Attend and record decisions agreed upon during monthly Club Racing Board meetings.
• Provide data to CRB from data acquisition systems to assist in classification of cars and in making competition adjustments
• Review and approve applications of cars for competition based on rules and regulations.
• Inspect cars at races for compliance with the rules and regulations.
• Coordinate the technical inspection and compliance activities of events conducted by Club Racing, including the Runoffs®.
• Coordinate and administer compliance checking visits.
• Provide technical assistance to the Court of Appeals.
• Work with equipment manufacturers to develop new technologies for the department.
• Develop and present training programs for scrutineers.
• Compile and publish Majors points for both Conference championships and Nationwide titles.
• Provide technical research as required.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Aerospace, engineering, automotive technology or any related areas.
Special Training or Experience:
Minimum 3 to 5 years of automotive and/or racing related background. MS Word and Excel proficiency required, experience with data acquisition systems, CAD programs and InDesign a plus.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to Human Resources